[Photo By: Gabrielle Kai]

Thursday, January 27

Iron & Wine... under the sea?

Okay, the show was really great... let me rephrase: The beginning and end of the show was really great. What did they have in common? Sam Beam played his original acoustic songs. The middle kinda bummed me out along with the rest of the audience. It wasn't that we didn't want to enjoy it, it was just hard to watch/hear. It literally sounded like The Little Mermaid soundtrack was playing from 10-11PM. I tried to like it, I really did. But the only time I enjoyed the set was when he came out and amazed us with the first few songs... and then the encore. The originals that he played were AMAZING. I had goose bumps from head to toe... I just wish it was like that throughout the entire set. That's why we love him! Regardless, it was still a great night. After the show, Jackie and I went to Swingers. YumYumYummmm.

No comments: