[Photo By: Gabrielle Kai]

Sunday, February 6

An Unplanned Superbowl SunDate

Yes... Today was Superbowl Sunday... what better way to celebrate than to stay out of the house, as far away from the TV as possible, and outdoors starting with lunch at a Cafe? Yes. That's exactly how my best friend and I spent the day. Well... that's how it started. It was a sort of a late birthday surprise that I wanted to take her to, a little Cafe in Hollywood called, Cafe Audrey... of course, Audrey being, Audrey Hepburn. She's obsessed with her, and has been since forever. She almost peed herself when she saw the sign. After our little lunch break we decided to take a little stroll to the Sunday Flea Market. I didn't think I would be able to contain myself since everything I see, I WANT. But I did pretty well. I left with: a new dress (just one), some ankle boots (have been searchin' for them everywhere), a new pocket knife (sturdier, stronger, smoother... better), and a necklace. Not bad! After the flea market, we were starving and the only food we could think of eating was Mexican food. Man, I can't remember the last time I had mexican food but I was craving it. So we went down to Olivera street... seemed pretty fitting. After a recommendation from a friend, we sat and dined at a small little spot on the corner. YUMM, it was delicious. Soon after it got dark but we still wanted to search around for little knick-knacks. The last time I was here about a year ago, I left with a little braided bracelet that I bought with my other friend I went with... I'm proud to say that it's still on my wrist! This time, I found something else to take home with me. Words can't really describe it. It's too great. That's why I took a picture of the little bugger...

I know. It's amazing. Mine is the one on the right.

Here are some other pictures from Olivera Street.









My favorites are the little skeleton figures dressed up in kooky outfits. Such a great little show case. There had to be at least 70 of them; I just wanted to buy all of them and take them home with me to showcase for myself! I suppose my cheetah man will do just fine for now.

PS- Uhhh... I don't really know who was playing, but I did hear from some folks that the 'Green Giants' are going to win. So I've come to the conclusion to so say: Go Packers?? I'm not really backing them, or any other team. I'm mostly just kidding. But hey, I was grateful for today's game because of one major reason: there was absolutely NO traffic. The freeways were as clear as ever, and so were the streets. Thanks again football!

No comments: